Emergency Dentists in San Antonio, TX
We never realize how much we use our teeth and our mouths until we are hit with severe tooth or jaw pain. At Empire Dental, we understand how essential our dental health is to everyday life. If you are suffering from a dental emergency in San Antonio, do not wait! Whether a sudden tooth injury or onset of tooth pain, please schedule an appointment at Empire Dental. Dental emergencies can turn into long-term issues if not treated. Waiting can lead to unnecessary procedures and costs.
Same-Day San Antonio Emergency Dentist Appointments Available
If you’ve got a toothache that won’t subside, or you have had recent trauma to your mouth and teeth, call us immediately at 210-361-9977 or schedule with us online now. We offer same-day appointments to address your San Antonio dental emergency right away and are flexible with scheduling to ensure our patients get the care they need.
What is Considered a Dental Emergency?
Dental emergencies can vary in severity, but any issue with the teeth or gums that requires immediate attention is considered an emergency. The most common dental emergencies involve a severe toothache or injury to the mouth, face, or jaw. Other types of dental emergencies include:
- Severe Toothache (Chronic or Sudden): A severe toothache may be caused by an infection, decay, or cracked tooth. If the pain is unbearable and over-the-counter medications are not providing relief, then it is time to see a dentist.
- Symptoms of Infection (Such as Fever): A fever may be a sign of a serious gum or tooth infection such as gum disease that requires immediate attention to avoid further health issues.
- Facial Trauma Resulting in Lost or Damaged Teeth: Injury to the soft tissues of the face or mouth that results in lost, broken, or severely damaged teeth can be extremely painful and require prompt medical attention. If seen promptly the tooth may be saved.
- Broken Dentures: If dentures break or crack, they should be taken to the dentist as soon as possible for repair. The same goes for any type of dental implant.
- Fractures to Enamel or Crown: Damage to the enamel or crown of a tooth can cause extreme discomfort and requires immediate attention. Be sure to apply a cold compress and keep your mouth clean. If you are able to bring the crown with you to your appointment.
How to Handle Dental Emergencies
It is important to remain calm and call the dentist right away. Depending on the severity of your dental emergency, the emergency dental staff should be able to provide instructions on how to manage the problem until you can get in for an appointment. In cases of facial trauma where there is active bleeding, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.
For more serious dental emergencies, such as a severe infection or abscess, the emergency dentist in San Antonio may prescribe antibiotics. The dentist may also recommend over-the-counter pain medications to help manage the pain until you can get in for an appointment.
Where Can I Go for Emergency Dental Care?
When you are experiencing a dental emergency, it is important to seek treatment from a qualified emergency dentist in San Antonio. Depending on the severity of the issue, your dentist may be able to provide treatment in the office or may refer you to a specialist for more in-depth care. It is important to remember that a dental emergency should be addressed as soon as possible to prevent further damage or infection. If you are experiencing any type of pain or discomfort in your teeth or gums, contact your dentist right away.
Can You Go to the ER for a Dental Emergency?
In some cases, it may be necessary to go to the emergency room for a dental emergency. This is usually the case when there is facial trauma or severe bleeding. In cases of severe infection, it may also be necessary to seek medical attention in the emergency room. Be sure to contact your dentist if you are seeking emergency room care.
Don’t Delay Emergency Dental Care! Schedule an Appointment Now
Our office accepts most major insurances, and we do offer the Gloss Dental Membership for those who do not have insurance.
Call us now at 210-361-9977 with your San Antonio dental emergency. The professional staff at Empire Dental will care for you with compassion and excellence. Whether you’ve experienced an accident, mouth trauma, tooth breaks, etc., you can put your dental needs in our hands. We look forward to caring for you! Plus, we offer cosmetic dentistry services, including dental implants.